Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My quotable kid...


This book has got to be one of my favorite purchases ever. I found it at Hip and Humble in bountiful but I know you can get it online at Amazon too. Anyway, it is meant for you to write down random things that your kids say that you want to remember. Here are a couple examples for you...

Taylar and I like to play a game in the car that whenever you see an Audi car you you shout, "Audi" and you get a point if you said it first. Well we were playing this one day and all the girls in the car where kinda playing along....when all of a sudden Jessey thinks she sees one and yells, "Inny". She's thinking of the belly buttons...outy and inny! We all laughed and laughed.

Here's another one.....

Morgan thought that Relief Society was called Security. So at church she says to me, "Mom, are you going to Security now?"

Here's one more that I hesitate to write, but keep in mind it was from an innocent child....

We were in the car again with the Meyer family going to lunch. To pass the time we played a fast paced game called the candy bar game. Everyone has a candy bar name and if your name is said you have to quickly say someone else's name so you don't get out. And this is all done to a quick beat with your hands slapping your legs and then clapping. Anyway, someone called out Bailey's candy bar name and she was so caught up in the game she quickly called out, "Reeses Penis" (instead of reeses pieces) We all paused for a second... and then BUSTED up laughing. For a second she didn't even know what she said. The funny part was there were two older boys in the car who she loves to death. It was so funny! My girls kept quoting Bailey over and over until I had to tell them, "Okay, Okay that's enough." (keep in mind we have no brothers in this family so anything to do with..."that " is very funny to them).

I love having these memories written down so we can laugh together as a family. Which we do often! Now go get one for your family or make your own.....but don't wait.... start writing this stuff down. ITS PRICELESS!!


3 comments:

Tebbs Family said...

What a fun idea! Wish I had that book when my kids were little--memory is gone on all those funny things. My niece publishes the Cotterell Funnies each Sunday to close family via e-mail and she shares funny things her 3 kids have said/done that past week and those are priceless.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the idea. You have inspired me to start my own.

Karen said...

I need one of those to keep track of all of the Markelleisms--she has some pretty good ones.

P.S. I love Hip and Humble...it's my two SIL's store.