Thursday, January 28, 2010

I love interior design....It's something that I have always wanted to do. But I have a lot to learn. Someday I want to go back to college and get my degree in design. Lately I have been hooked on this show called Sarah's House. It on every saturday on the Fine Living Network channel. She bought an old ugly house and is renovating/decorating it room by room all on a modest budget. I LOVE her idea's and final results, she is so good at what she does. So below are some of her pictures of a house she is working on now....

This is the entry...I love the stairs and the color scheme.
Here is a girls bedroom in pink....it is so pretty and yet it's not screaming LITTLE GIRL.

This is and extra homework/kids lounge. If you could only see what it looked like before. She is a amazing!!!
...again I love the color scheme!!
Okay these next few pictures are some I found randomly on other blogs. This one below caught my eye because of the framed chalkboard with a quote by Theodore Roosevelt. I don't know if you can read it or not but it's a good one :)
I love this mud room with all the black chalkboards and the black cabinetry! So clever!
If we ever build again, I like this idea for a pantry....double doors with the frosted glass!
And last but not least I plan on living in a similar place like this someday. An open room that opens to a covered balcony over looking the ocean!!!! Someday!

6 comments:

Madison said...

Hey you!! I love that you love interior design. I am actually going to school in the fall at LDS business college for it!! You should come and join me!!

The Huntsville Dunns said...

That would be so fun.....I should because all the girls will be in school all day this fall. HMmmmm, I need to call you ;)

K.Booth said...

Love them all Kara....great pictures!!

rochelle said...

What a beautiful house! She certainly has an eye for beauty, doesn't she? If I had TV, I'd have to check out that show. Design shows are MY favorite to watch, too. ;)

Taylar said...

Those are very pretty pictures mom! you should do it with madi! that would be awesome!

Tiffanie said...

Doesn't the dam count as an "ocean?" We don't want you going anywhere!