Friday, September 6, 2013

Girls Camp 2013


Wow, did this just happen?  My stewing and stressing and countless hours on pinterest are behind me?  YEAH!!! I realize that delegating and organizing were not handed out to me on talent day in heaven.  This calling as "Young Women's Girls Camp Director" has haunted me for the last 10 months.  And then to see proof that it did happen.....Crazy!!  I also realize that I'm baby....looking back it doesn't seem so bad.  It was basically a no brainer for a newbe.  We went to Camp Browning, up by Causey Dam.  It's a boy scout high adventure camp, and they have every detail planned and taking care of.  From the food to the tents to the activities.  I did, however come up with the theme... "Brave" and Courageous Young Women.  I took the movie Brave as a jumping off point for the girls and added courageous.  I downloaded a couple conference talks focused on these two attributes and made a cd for each girl to (hopefully) listen too before camp.  Then when we had any down time we made bow and arrows and the girls worked on their archery skills.  

Here are some of the fun "high adventure" things we did.....btw, in the packing list I put, "no cell phones" and look who's child is breaking the rules?  Mine!!

Notice the lovely tents behind Taylar...longest three nights of..... my..... life!!!!! I could hear little critters crawling around and underneath me all night! I never have been so scared!
Above Morgan is doing the rope course and below Taylar is repelling down while Morgan climbs up.
We learned how to throw a knife and tomahawk.  Taylar was able to get hers to stick in the log...Good job Taylar!  I admit, I enjoyed this one :)
Taylar cracks me up in this picture.... below the girls are working on "team work" skills and she is obviously not into it!!

This snake was coming to say hi to Morgan while she was getting a drink of water....scared the heck out of her!!  We quickly got our bow and arrows to kill it...or at least scare it away... Which is what we did.

1 comment:

Tebbs Family said...

Sounds like you did a fabulous job at Girls Camp! I am SO not a camper either so I totally relate to not enjoying tents, critters, crawling things, dirt, etc.!!!!