Sunday, February 20, 2011

I'm Back....

Well I have had some time to think about what I do (as far as blogging) and how I have shared it with all of you. Most of you are my family and close friends whom I trust and appreciate! But having my blog not private, I have opened myself and my family up to complete strangers. That is a risky thing to do. We would like to believe that we live in a perfect world where no harm will come to us....but we don't, and for that comes the risks we take!

I recently had some hurtful things said to me anonymously about my blog and who I was as a person. I was immediately filled with anger and wanted to say horrible things back to him or her. But with time I realized that would only make things worse and I would be setting an example to my kids of how NOT to handle criticism. At one time or another we have all had something said to us that made us feel we are of no worth and that we should give up. I believe those are the times when we can use those hurtful words for fuel to become our best selves yet!!

Therefore, I am back! I will continue to blog about my life as a mother, wife and most importantly a daughter of God! I know who I am and I know where I came from. I also know where I want to go when this life is over and its not going to be hanging around a bunch of angry, mean, and bitter people!!!


16 comments:

Ally said...

Karra--
I love reading your blog every once in a while. You are such a good example of taking life as it comes and loving the great and the not so great. I hope I can have as much patience when I have that many children, if I can even make it to four! Plus, all of your girls are adorable.

Ally said...

I forgot to say.... this is Ally (Bassett) Lott

Tebbs Family said...

You're a great wife, mother and friend! It's usually the people that aren't very happy with their own lives that criticize those of us that are... Loved seeing you a few weeks ago. We'll need to do that again every few months. Maybe Lori and I can come up your way next time?!

Alisa said...

Yeah you are back!! I love reading your blog :) You are an amazing person, mother and wife!!

Alisa said...

Karra-
I love reading your blog and getting a glimpse into the life of the Huntsville Dunn's. You are an amazing person, mother and wife and I am impressed with how strong of a person you are!!

Alisa

Tesha said...

Yay, welcome back ; )

Hanni family said...

Karra, as you know, I had a little 'taste' of that on Facebook and part of me wanted to close the whole thing up and crawl in a hole and cry. But, like you, I kept my chin up and decided to get past it and feel like I am the stronger for it. I LOVE your blog and am SO proud of you! You and your family are so darling. You seriously make me smile and have a contagious happiness. Keep it up! XOXOXO

Hanni family said...

Hey... did you put Shawni's video up cuz you know her? I don't know HER, but Jason and I used to babysit a bunch of her younger brother's and sister's when her parents would go on speaking engagements... Richard Eyre and his wife write a lot of church books and invented 'Joy School.' VERY cool family. She looks SO much like her dad!

Zack and Sky said...

Hey Karra! I am so glad I found this blog! If you would like an invite to mine and Zack's let me know! You are awesome, and I can't believe anyone would say something mean to you!

Sheryl Bullock said...

Yea Karra! So glad you're back. I've been a blogging rut too so I need to join you and get bloggin'! I love it!

Sheryl

Sheryl Bullock said...

p.s. love the new format!

Tiffanie said...

How come you have SO many cute family pictures and I have to fast and pray to get one? Troy or I are always taking the picture which means one of us is always missing in the final product. Do you have a photographer that follows your family around taking cute pictures? If so, you need to give them a day off and tell them to come follow the Hauns around. You also need to warn me of what day the photographer will be coming so I will do my hair! Glad your back!

Rip Curl Mom said...

Karra I am proud of you too. The person who said those mean hateful things must have been jealous of you. You are a darling, amazing person! Just listen to those of us who actually know what we are talking about ;) Love you and your blog!

K.Booth said...

Go get em tiger......We are behind you 100%!!! Blog Power!!

That person is pathetic. At least have the guts to leave a name......"Anonymous" needs to get her own life. Instead of stalking yours.

the3girls said...

Karra- you are awesome! I love following your blog. You are a wonderful person full of beautiful qualities. Boo to whoever is low enough to do that.
Love ya,
Erinn

Madison said...

Karra,
I love reading your blog and keeping up with your family. I hope you continue to stand your ground and keep sharing your sweet love for life. I have thought of going private as well cause of Lula. But our poor family wont be able to see pictures of her anymore, So i havent. So i understand where you are coming from.